The Renée Schine Crown Neonatal Intensive Care UnitFifty-five Beds, Split Into Three Distinct Neighborhoods
Single Rooms for Each Baby
- To make our large unit more intimate and family friendly, Rush created three distinct “neighborhoods” within the NICU, which are graphically designated with flowers, meadows and stars.
- These neighborhoods have separate work stations for clinicians, which are all close to patient rooms. This set-up helps bring families physically closer to their health care team, an important consideration when it comes to communication.
- Single rooms provide privacy for families.
- Each room comes complete with all the necessary monitoring devices and medical supplies.
- Rooms are equipped with comfortable seating for family, a breast pump and a refrigerator to store breast milk.
Pharmacy and Imaging Equipment Right There
- Neonatologists are pediatricians with advanced training in caring for at-risk babies.
- At Rush, neonatologists are in the NICU 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Close proximity to medications and x-ray equipment means faster delivery of care.
More About the Family Birth Center