The new hospital's 304 acute and critical care rooms were carefully designed to enhance the patient experience by emphasizing comfort, safety and quality of care.
The rooms are on the hospital's top five floors in the Herb Family Acute and Critical Care Tower. Among the key features:
- Each single-bed room has three separate zones for patient, family and staff. The family zone has a comfortable seating area with a recliner and sleeper sofa to accommodate overnight stays by a family member.
- A 42-inch flat-screen television provides multiple TV and
movie channels, and Wi-Fi is available in
every room. Staff
computers inside and immediately outside each room allow clinicians to share
information and images with patients and their families.
- Large windows offer impressive city views
and plenty of natural light, and they feature double shades with two
options for light control (blackout and sheer).
- The layout of every patient room is identical: With supplies, equipment and other items located in the same place, staff members won't have to take time to orient themselves. Instead, they can focus immediately on the patient — which can be critical in an emergency.
- Each floor has a comfortable family lounge, with computers for accessing medical information along with conference rooms for private conversations between health care providers and family members.